Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, July 2, 2012

I may have lost my mind...

My dear husband has been after me for months and months to get another puppy. He thought Riley needed a live-in playmate. I had no desire for another dog. Riley is the sweetest little boy ever, and I was more than satisfied with him. But hubby kept after me, and after me, and after me. And finally wore me down. I may have actually lost my mind, but nine days ago we added Ruby to our family.

Ruby is now a 9 week old cockapoo puppy. She is from the same breeder as Riley, and is as cute as a button. But why is it I don't remember only two short years ago, when Riley was a baby? I didn't remember the needle sharp teeth that like to sink themselves into my ankles. I didn't remember the sleep deprivation that is much like that of a parent of a newborn. I do remember the house training and how you have to keep a constant eye on the new little one, in order to TRAIN YOURSELF to take them out before they potty on the floor.

So, if I am gone for long periods of time without writing now, I have a legitimate excuse. I am either in a sleep coma because I am exhausted, taking the pups out for a potty run or sitting in a corner, slowly rocking myself back and forth, trying to come to terms with what I have done. 

So, on that note, I will leave you with a picture of our new bundle of joy. I am off to try and figure out a new name for my blog. Somehow it doesn't seem fair to leave Ruby out of it, so I need to change it entirely. But you know me, I have to give it some thought to come up with something clever.


Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment