Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trash to Treasure...

I think the saying, 'One man's trash is another man's treasure' really is true. What may have gone past it's point of usefulness for me does not mean that someone else might not see a myriad of their own possibilities for it. So here are two of my latest repurpose projects, which will give my backyard and patio area some fun this summer.

First take an old baker's rack off of Craigslist. For the older couple selling this, it was no longer serving any purpose. And, having a friend who had just turned a different style of shelf into a plant stand for her home, I knew what I was going to use it for. My sweetie took off the wooden section that was so weathered and did some sanding and minor repair work for me. (My asthma gets me out of many of these kinds of jobs!) Then, a sweet friend had paint I could use to give it new life. And now I have a great stand on my patio for plants and flowers!



(For those of you who don't spend any time searching through Craigslist ads, you really should! There are great things to be found on there!)

My second treasure is so unusual! I love it, and yes, it was another Craigslist find. It is some sort of old fireplace insert and stand, made out of the heaviest cast iron ever! Poor hubby even had to use a wheeled cart to move it! Again, he applied the muscle using a wire sander to take off the rust, and then painted it using a nice black satin Rustoleum product. It now is in a place of honor, or at least the place where it's going to stay, because it's too heavy to move again!



I still have a few more plants to get repotted and then the back yard should be all set for our summertime enjoyment! We added new patio furniture this year and a huge new windchime for fun. Come on over and visit. Cold beverages are on us!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment